Born on October 20, 1978 at Delhi
Right Handed Batsman and Right-arm offbreak bowler
First International against Pakistan in 1999
Nickname is Viru,Nawab of Najafgarh.
The son of a grain merchant, Sehwag spent his childhood in a bungalow in a joint family, with siblings, uncles, aunts and sixteen cousins. His father attributes his interest in cricket to a toy bat which he was given when he was seven months old. He attended Arora Vidya School in Delhi, and pestered his parents to let him play cricket, on the basis that he was not academically gifted. His father tried to end his career when he broke a tooth as a child in 1990, but Sehwag evaded the ban with the help of his mother.Later he attended Jamia Milia Islamia for graduation.
Personal and Love Life
|Sehwag with his wife Aarti|
Sehwag's wife Aati Ahlawat is daughter of advocate Suraj Singh Ahlawat. In starting they were just friends and according to Aarti,they used to call each other 'buddy'.They talk for long hours as friends.in May 2002, Viru formally proposed to her.They had known each other for 17 years but it took 14 years for the romance to begin as they started dating only three years before getting married. Like in any love story, there was opposition and few obstacles that they had to deal with.They have a son Aaryavir, born on 18 October 2007.
|Sehwag with his ICC Awards|
Arjuna Award 2002
Wisden Leading Cricketer in the World 2008, 2009
ICC Test Player of the Year 2010
Padma Shree 2010
- Highest individual score in history in an ODI match 219 against West Indies on 8 December 2011 at Indore, surpassing previous record by Sachin Tendulkar and Rohit Sharma
- Fastest 250 in Test cricket in terms of balls faced (207).
- Fastest 300 in Test cricket in terms of balls faced (278).
- Most Test runs in a single day by an Indian. Sehwag made 257 in a day against SA in Chennai.
- Only Indian batsman to have scored two triple centuries in Test cricket.
- Fastest century in ODI cricket by an Indian – 100 runs off 60 balls against New Zealand in 2009.
- Second fastest ODI 50 by an Indian. – a record, he shares with Rahul Dravid, Kapil Dev and Yuvraj Singh – when he took 22 balls against Kenya in 2001
- Six double centuries – the first three of which came against Pakistan. Sehwag and Tendulkar are the only Indians to have made six Test double centuries.
- Highest score by an Indian batsman in Test cricket. He first achieved this when he scored 309 against Pakistan in Multan in 2004, and bettered his previous record in March 2008 at Chennai against South Africa by scoring 319.
- Fastest triple century fastest in terms of balls faced by any batsman (off 278 balls).
- Consecutive 150+ scores in Test cricket: He holds the record for consecutive test hundreds converted to scores of 150+, at 11.
- He is one of the only five players to have scored more test hundreds than test fifties, along with Don Bradman , Mohammad Azharuddin , Matthew Hayden and Kevin Pietersen as on 7 August 2008
- He is the first person in the history of test cricket to hit two triple centuries and take five wickets in a Test innings.
|Sehwag in Pepsi Ad|
Net Worth : $ 40 Million
Total Earnings: $6.9 million
Cricket Pay: $2.8 million
Endorsements: $4.1 million
IPL Team: Delhi Daredevils($1,800,000)
Endorsements Deals : Hero Honda , Fila , J.K Cement , Royal Challange,Pepsi, Rasna, Castrol,Closeup.